There are days when nothing seems to go right. If there is one good thing, it’s totally hidden by the garbage of all the yucky stuff. Sometimes we simply have to take time to search out our blessings. Too bad really, because there are so many hidden ones just waiting to kiss us on the nose.
For example, here are a few of mine:
- You awoke this morning. That’s a real blessing when you reach my age. Every day is a bonus and should be considered as such.
- You were actually able to get out of bed and get dressed. For a kid of five, this is no great advantage, but if you’re 75, its an accomplishment.
- You have a spouse – someone to share your burdens with – someone to carry you when you fall (or at least try) – someone to love you and love back – someone to laugh and cry with.
- You have a family that cares about you.
- You have food on the table, even though the costs of everything have outweighed your meager income.
- You have an abundance in comparison to so many who have much less.
- You can worship as you please.
- You live in a country where freedoms still exist.
- You have friends whom you love as brothers and sisters,
- You have a God who was willing to sacrifice everything, because of His great love for you.
Life can often grab us by the throat and choke every breath out of us. We become obsessed with appearances – with things that have no real meaning – with stuff that only adds to our burdens. We shouldn’t have to shovel our way through mounds of clutter to find the every day reality of God’s precious gifts to us. They are right there staring us in the face.
Instead of wallowing in the negative, start taking inventory of all that the Lord has given you. You’ll be amazed at how blessed you really are.