There are a ton of little problems we face every day. They may become mind boggling if we let them. For example:
- A fitted bed sheet that doesn’t fit.
- Having to pee as soon as you’re snuggled into bed.
- Trying to decide whether to have the last piece of pie in the pan or save it for someone you love.
- Deciding to wear two different socks because you can’t find a match.
- Having a head of hair infused with static, so you wear a hat, which only creates more static.
- Making a phone call instead of texting, just because you want to hear a voice.
- Wishing you could sleep in an extra hour or two.
- Wanting to be more organized.
- Trying to reason with a teenager.
- Giving something up that is no longer necessary.
These are only ten possible obstacles we might face. They aren’t earth shattering, but they can become frustrating – get in the way of completing a job – cause undo stress – lead to more serious issues. Every day problems might seem insignificant and unworthy of loading them onto God’s shoulders, but He invites us to do so every day.
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matthew 7:7
You might think that God doesn’t have time to bother with silly little things, but He makes it so easy for us to just ask. Our prayer life doesn’t have to wait for some tragic event to happen. We don’t have to forget to call on Him with the small stuff. We often don’t want to bother Him with the every day problems of life, but He tells us to do so.
Life is full of obstacles – road blocks – detours – change, but God is consistent. He never changes and will lead you through any difficulty you may encounter in this life if you let Him. He is omniscient so he can solve any problem. He is omnipotent so He has the power to reroute our path. He is omnipresent so He is available 24/7 to answer our prayers.
Don’t wait to call on Him. He wants you to. Trust in His unfailing, unconditional love to make your journey easier. There will still be those tough times when you need His intervention – when you suffer a life altering situation – when you’re unsure about your future, relationships or how you will pay your bills – when you fall into the pit of depression or mental illness. Just remember that He’s available for the little things too and in all things, give thanks for His love, because it will last for an eternity.