Yesterday I received a challenge from Mark at hatrack4 Thoughts from Mark “Hat” Rack. This game, if you choose to participate has only 3 rules.
- Answer the questions you receive (straight, funny, absurd, up to you.)
- Provide three new questions of your own.
- Tag three people.
The questions asked of me:
- What should a Christian’s (or church’s) primary focus be during the Advent season.
I believe that Advent is like the beginning of two new adventures. Each year as we approach Christmas, what leads up to it holds as much anticipation as the actual event. We prepare our hearts for the good news of the Gospel through special church services, beautiful choir music and the addition of orchestral offerings. We also need to look ahead to Christ’s second coming – which could be any minute now. God came to us at Christmas as a man. He lived among us and felt every emotion we do, yet He didn’t sin. He will come again to judge the world and take us home to heaven. Come quickly Lord, Jesus!
- What is your chief goal in your blog writing, for the present and long term?
I started writing my blog as a way to serve the Lord. I’ve always had a better way of stating my thoughts in the written word. When I try to vocalize my thoughts, they don’t have the same impact. We’ve all been called upon by Jesus to spread the Gospel message to everyone during our lifetime. Sometimes I go back and read some of my old posts and can see God’s direction in them. Along the way, I’ve made some truly good friends. At some point I would like to have some of my poetry and Paul’s art work put into book form. His paintings have always inspired the words I write. I have a novel waiting my attention, several short stories, a screenplay and a number of stage plays on the back burner. My goal for the future is to edit all of them and get them published.
- Who gave you the same thing every Christmas? What was the predictble gift and did you even like it?
Every Christmas, while I was growing up and still living with my parents we’d receive a large box in the mail from my maternal grandma. She packed many things, which I don’t really remember. There were cookies and homemade items, but I really recall getting a storybook full of Life Savers. I looked forward to that, because it held flavors that I’d never tasted before. It was a little thing, but it’s remained in my memory for all these years. I always looked forward to having that package come in the mail. I continued the tradition with my own children and my grandchildren
my own chidren and grandchildren. I wonder if they still make those Life Saver books.
Now for my nominations and questions:
Julie at cookiecrumbstoliveby
Mike at New Hope For Dry Bones
RobbyeFaye, Captive Dreams Window
- How long have you been blogging and what is the greatest satisfaction you receive from doing it?
- Have you ever been bullied for your opinions – give examples – how did you deal with them?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you during the Christmas holiday season?