Americans will soon sit down to a sumptuous dinner and feast on foods served only on special occasions. As we fill our tummies with goodies, let’s try to focus on those who don’t have such bounty.
Maybe you are faced with an empty table – there is no extra money for special treats – the cupboard is bare. You may have been outcast or don’t fit in. You might be a victim of abuse and every dinner table is another opportunity for vile words to be vaulted in your direction. You may be wondering if you will have a job tomorrow – if your spouse will ever return – if you’ll ever see your children again. You might have just received news that you have a terminal disease.
God tells us to be so in all circumstances. He expects and deserves our thanks. God’s love for us is more than abundant. You cannot measure it – you can’t always see it – it is beyond human comprehension.
Here are a few examples of His love:
- He created us in His image.
- He doesn’t make junk.
- He loves us as a perfect Father.
- He provides for all our physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- He helps us through every problem in life.
- He loves us even though we don’t always return His love.
- He provided an end to our sinful condition.
- He sent His own flesh and blood to take our place and carry the burden of our sin to the cross.
- He is always available to hear our prayers.
- He overcame death – as will we when we join Him in eternity.
As we prepare for this special day, share this good news with just one person. By doing so, we are thanking Him for all He has done for us.