The number of excuses for not attending church is unending.
- Everyone acts one way in the church and another every other day of the week.
- I’ve got a meal to prepare.
- I don’t have time.
- Church makes me feel uncomfortable about myself.
- I don’t like all the formality of worship.
- I can worship anywhere.
Add these –
- I study my Bible every day.
- I don’t need to make an outward show of my beliefs on Sunday.
- I have accepted Jesus, I don’t have to do anything else.
- I live a good life.
- I don’t need to hear how bad I am.
- The ones who really need to be there are those who don’t believe in God.
When we try to come up with reasons why we should be there, it’s more difficult. Start with this one –
- I want to thank God for getting me through another week.
- I want to praise Him for helping me through difficult times.
- I want to be with others who believe what I do so we can encourage each other.
- My life is packed with so many things to do, I should be able to give my God at least an hour of my time. ‘
- When we turn things back to God, rather than ourselves, it’s easy to see why we should be in His house.
He loved us so much that He gave His Son to carry the sting of death we should have endured. The least we can do is give Him one day. Praise Him, thank Him, ask for His blessings on your week, share your love for your fellow believers, encourage each other, lift others in prayer – WORSHIP!
“Come to me you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest.”