In 1963 a list of Communist goals was shown to the House of Repesentatives. I’m going to list just a few of them today, but if you want to read more, go to the article, “The Communist Takeover of America – 45 Declared Goals,” from Greg Swank. I find it interesting that some of them have already occurred.
1. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
2. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
3. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
4. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
5. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
6. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
7. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
8. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
9. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
10. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
Well, that’s just ten items and there are 41 more. I find it interesting how these very things have maneuvered their way into our lives. Without even realizing it, some have been deceived into believing this is what America stands for.
When something is motivated by the devil, you can bet it isn’t going to be blasted all over the news media. He works undercover. He slinks around, gnawing away at basically good concepts until they are slowly devoured. It would be nice if we didn’t have to be on guard all the time, but that isn’t the nature of this particular beast.
When he first appeared to God’s perfect creation, his image was that of a serpent. The very nature of snakelike behavior is seductive – alluring – mysterious – cunning. He convinced Eve that she could be like God if she did his bidding. We all know the rest of that story.
The truth is that we as Christians need to be watchful every minute of every day. We as Americans should also be diligent. The devil would be delighted if he could bring our country down. He is winning souls here everyday.
God, I know that you have defeated Satan and sin has no power over me anymore, but that doesn’t mean I don’t need the armor of your protection. Keep me vigilant. Protect my country from those who delight in seeing her die. Remind me every day of your faithfulness!