- I – IDEAS – tons of creative thought processes, melding into one. The spark that ignites invention.
- M – MIND – The brain is the core of invention. We have so many storage spots and memory banks, there really is no limit to how far we can go.
- A – ACCIDENTS – Mistakes shouldn’t set you back, but push you forward. They will lead to solutions, which lead to ideas and the creation of something new.
- G – GRATITUDE – Always be willing to listen to others’ ideas. Collaboration and team work lead to even greater success. Think if Tesla and Edison had worked together on their inventions. The Electronic Age would have come and gone and someone would have already taken their place. Great minds work together to change the world.
- I – INTUITION – Your intuition should be a clue to what needs to be done. Don’t disregard that little voice in your voice that tells you to stop or go. There’s a reason you’re hearing it.
- N – NECESSITY – It’s the mother of invention so they say. The first man needed something to eat. He found tools to help him hunt for his food. His wife needed to cook it, so together they crafted a pot. The first one probably burned in the fire, but the next guy figured out what would correct that.
- A – AMBITION – Things don’t get created by laying on your back and dreaming about them. The dreams make you anxious to find answers. They should be your stimulus to do something about it. Get on your feet and put your ideas into action. If you don’t, someone else will figure it out and beat you to the patent or copyright office.
- T – TENACITY – Stick to it. Don’t give up. The next experiment, design, text, piece of art, will not get done by itself. Be persistent in your quest. If you have a reason or motivation, it will make things happen faster than you can blink an eye.
- I – INSPIRATION – Don’t wait for inspiration to come to you. You need to inspire yourself to – think, work, think, plan, re-plan, re-think, get excited about what you’re doing – think some more and so on. If you’re inspired you will inspire others and together you can encourage each other.
- O – OPEN – Don’t think your way is the only way. Open your mind and heart to suggestions from others. Imagination is wonderful, because it can be shared with so many, and paid forward in so many ways.
- N – NOTICED – once your creation is complete, you have to find a way to get it in the hands of those who need and want it. This requires marketing, advertising, selling your product as well as yourself. If you believe that your work is worthy, you need to make everyone else believe that too.
Imagination is funny, it makes a cloudy day sunny. Makes a bee think of honey just as I think of you. Imagination is crazy, your whole perspective gets hazy. Starts you asking a daisy what to do, what to do. Have you ever felt a gentle touch And then a kiss, and then and then – Find its only your imagination again. Imagination is silly. You go around willy nilly. For example I go around wanting you, And yet I cant imagine that you want me too
Lyrics from “Imagination is Funny”