Mondays are great for setting new goals, fulfilling old ones and just starting over. Maybe you failed at that diet you promised to stay on last week – try again. You may have decided to start something new – like write a novel, an article, a blog, a sentence, a word – it. Mondays are like do over days. Personally I love the list above, but then I never was very good at to-do lists. Besides we need a little humor in these times.
There’s nothing wrong with setting goals and planning for the future. In fact, God recommends it.
Luke 14:28 “For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?”
Unfortunately we often fall short of those blueprints and things don’t work out as they should. That’s where He comes in with His unfailing promise to help.
Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
Instead of waiting to see if our plans are carried out, it might be good to start with God as the organizer of the plan. Here’s a list for starting a new week – a new day – or a new way of thinking:
- Find time to listen to someone. Get to know them and show them that you’re interested in them.
- Look for the best in others, even if you don’t always agree. Try to understand why someone cut you off on the highway, rather than assuming he’s a jerk.
- Share something – a good book, a funny joke, smile, your time.
- Tell someone why you love Jesus – how much He loves the world.
- Turn over the tough stuff to God.
- Spend time reading God’s message to you through His Word.
- Put others needs before your own.
- Remember that God is with you. When things get really difficult, He will be there to carry you.
- Do your best, know that you can do even better, try, don’t give up.
Don’t wait until next Monday. Start today!